Making Learning Affordable – an iOS/Android App for Easy Purchase of Used Books
The client wanted to build a mobile app for the users to sell and purchase used books at cheap prices. They wanted to have an application, which can scan ISBN numbers of an old book and provide users the best price to buy that book.
- Maintaining 1million+ records of books.
- Implementing the Bar code reader functionality for real-time capturing of the ISBN code of the books
- Maintaining a history of records of sales and purchases made by every user
- Providing different panel views for admin, and different types of users – teachers, students, libraries, etc.
- 550+ Downloads for the app from iTunes/ Play Store in a short span
- The Mobile App helped the client to expand his business to 35 states in the US
- The client was able to reach 100+ universities to help students buy cheap books
- The client got cost-effective development with increased business visibility
The client is a wholesale textbook company that purchases textbooks from students, faculty members, campus staff and campus bookstores and sells it to students across various campuses at lower cost. Trantor understood our idea and translated it into a beautiful product, without involving us in technology nitty-gritty. Kudos to the team for this rare-skill. Trantor understood our idea and translated it into a beautiful product, without involving us in technology nitty-gritty. Kudos to the team for this rare-skill.CTO