Connecting Partners’ Applications with Product Platform of a Leading Tech Company for Real-time, Secure Data Access
Client is an American multinational technology conglomerate that develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products.
The client had a need to allow their fulfillment partners (FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc.) to integrate their custom applications with CISCO’s Product platform and Oracle ERP efficiently in a secure way.
Trantor designed reusable flows in MuleSoft to enable the Client’s partners to gain secure and real-time access to data from its product platform.
- MuleSoft integration platform was required to be consumed by multiple partners using different protocols and the requirement was to invoke these flows on-demand at runtime based on partner scenarios.
- The need was to develop a reusable template that can be used by various partners (current and future partners).
- OOB DB connector of MuleSoft did not support returning custom objects.
The Trantor Approach
Trantor understood the client’s problem and its business implications. The goal was not only to solve the problem at hand but to make the solution scalable, robust, and user-friendly.
Trantor designed dynamic flows in MuleSoft to enable the Client’s partners to access data from its CISCO product platform. Authentications were built using JMS and API gateway policies for partner applications to access data using different flows. Following are the key highlights of our solution:
- We developed a template having different logical flows based on partner needs. This template was parsed on demand and the flows were created dynamically. The flows were killed once their process was completed to ensure optimum utilization of memory.
- Custom DB connector was developed using MuleSoft DevKit (Java) as the OOB 3.7.3 DB connector did not allow returning the custom objects from the database.
- Developed custom APIs with different contracts for the consumption of those APIs.
- Developed custom authentication policies in MuleSoft API Gateway for providing authenticated access to APIs.
- Efficient and secured access of Client’s data to partners’ applications
- Employment of exception strategies to detect errors in real-time, leading to a faster implementation turnaround
- Real-time data availability for Partners without manual steps
- The use of Dynamic flows instead of static flows resulted in fewer post-production support needs
To address our key challenges Trantor brought not just MuleSoft expertise but intelligence too. This is a rare combination. They are our ‘go to’ team for all tech requirements.VP . Technology
- MuleSoft AnyPoint Studio
- MuleSoft Partner Manager
- Mule API Gateway
- Oracle ERP
- REST API
Team size: 5
Duration: 6 months