Leading Finance Company Experiences 10x Improvement in its CRM Performance
The client is one of the largest, non-bank alternative capital provider to small and medium businesses (SMB) in the United States.
The client is one of the largest, a non-bank alternative capital provider to small and medium businesses (SMB) in the United States.
Business Needs Addressed
The client was using manual processes to update a database of over 4 million records and supported more than 100 concurrent users in CRM. There was a need to automate the data import process.
The team, after understanding the client’s process evaluated all the options for batch data import. Trantor eventually proposed complete customization of their CRM.
- Customize Dynamics CRM to automate data import
- Make batch data import a possibility
- Ensure that duplicate records are automatically removed
The client was able to meet SLAs, maintain data hygiene, and improve operational efficiency. This brought about a 15% reduction in the cost of operations.
The client used to get leads from multiple sources, including Independent Sales organizations (ISOs) and sales consultants. All data was imported manually into Dynamics CRM. This led to multiple problems including:
- Error-prone data – with multiple rows of duplicate files, and wrong information
- Inefficient process – Data import had become extremely time-intensive, leading to performance issues
- Service-level objectives could no longer be met reliably, reducing productivity
As a result – Dynamics CRM was unable to deliver real value.
- Batch data import greatly reduced the time taken to feed data from Excel files into the Dynamics CRM.
- The time taken was reduced to one-tenth of that taken by row-by-row processing.
- the client could run 3.5+ million records seamlessly
- A dynamic system of updates was designed so that any new data fields configured could be updated with minor changes.
- Data dedupe feature was added within the API to ensure that only a single version of each record is available in the CRM
- A mobile portal was also developed for data import, making it easier for sales representatives on the move to input data.
- 10x improvement in data import
- Up to 60% acceleration in user response times
- 30% improvement in lead management process