Startup based in US brings Internet-connect solar energy to areas without access to a power grid starting with rural India
The client is a global provider of internet-based utility services, serving over a billion people through their hardware enabled platform-as-a-service.
The client is a global provider of internet-based utility services, serving over a billion people through its hardware-enabled platform-as-a-service
Business Need Addressed
The Connected Solar System is the practical & visionary means to benefit millions of households. It has the potential to transform the multi-billion-dollar energy market by opening up vast new opportunities for the client’s end-users and partners alike.
Trantor quickly scaled up a 25-member product development team for the client, which is providing end-to-end services to the client ranging from product management, UX and UI design, software development, testing, and sustenance engineering.
- Establish product development team including UX, Software development, and Testing
- Support the client through different milestones like investor demos, prototype development, and field tests
- Establish pragmatic project management and software engineering practices for longterm sustained software delivery
The client was facing opportunity costs from delays and needed to scale a software engineering team quickly.
- Software development needs were complex because the client’s
- custom IoT hardware was being developed in parallel and required low-level code to support the software goals
- Product development teams perform best when co-located. Having an end-to-end solution built by a co-located team was essential for the success of the product.
The Trantor Approach
The Trantor team supported the project by delivering the following software solutions:
- Kernel-level code to support the custom IoT platform based on Android AOSP
- Applications that run on the custom flavor of Android and support the low-level functions
- Scalable Microservices layer was built on Azure to support CHS and ingest telemetry data
- Mobile Apps to back the on-ground sale and support operations
Using out of the box APIs, the Trantor team built:
- Robust data update utility feature within the CRM, making batch data import into the CRM possible. Now the client could run 3.5+ million records seamlessly, and in a fraction of the time taken earlier
- Fraud detection feature to run within the CRM, simplifying operations significantly. Mobile site for the CRM, making it easier for sales representatives on the move to input data
- Enabled client to provide electricity & Internet to far-flung areas
- On-time delivery of the solution to help the business accrue profits