How is Automation Redefining Marketing & Sales Functions
trantorindia | Updated: June 11, 2021
Automation is empowering businesses to redefine their linear processes and achieve greater flexibility and scalability. It is enabling businesses to usher greater internal and external connectivity, become more efficient, reduce errors and wastage and accelerate business outcomes.
Given that forward-thinking businesses across domains are already driving extraordinary value, almost every industry is leveraging automation and researching newer use cases. The sales and marketing industry is no exception and has recently been witnessing a tremendous automation revolution.
The roadblocks created by traditional business processes are preventing sales and marketing teams from realizing their full potential today. The industry is reshaping itself by leveraging automation to effectively sense and stay attuned with the latest trends and customer demands while steering ahead of the competition.
In this article, we help you understand the powerful ways in which automation is redefining the marketing and sales industry.
- Seamless Price Monitoring to Develop A Competitive Edge Price monitoring has established an undeniable place in customers’ purchase decisions. By leveraging the same technology, companies can seamlessly track internal strategies as well as competitor’s prices to efficiently define their pricing strategy. Businesses can, thus, eliminate guesswork and develop a strong competitive edge among consumers. Get in touch with our Automation ExpertContact US
- 360-Degree View of the Customer and Personalization at Scale
With automation, it is possible to capture, store and manage data from multiple, siloed sources in one unified platform effortlessly. It is equally simple to update customer information at scale. Using this up-to-date, 360-degree view of the customer, businesses can craft frictionless, personalized and authentic customer experiences.
Further, automation enables businesses to personalize at scale. For instance, AI-powered writing tools, customer-facing chatbots, messaging tools, email and social media messaging automation and so on enable sales and marketing teams to personalize ads and communication at scale.
Let us take the example of a US-based commercial real estate company known to provide co-working space solutions to startups across the globe. This company leveraged a Sales Automation solution to provide its teams with 360-degree customer views. This enabled the teams to hyper-personalized customer interactions, improve responsiveness and drive meaningful and authentic customer experiences at scale. Over a period of 2 years, the company saw a 330% growth in new memberships!
- Effective Lead Generation and ManagementMarketing automation tools do not just enable modern marketers to generate more leads. They enable marketers to generate high-quality leads who match the clientele descriptions of the business; leads that will convert and fuel business growth. Automated tools also make lead nurturing cohesive and seamless.
With marketing automation, businesses can automate mailing lists, craft personalized ads and promotions to the targeted leads, offer personalized website experiences, automate responses to ensure no communication is missed, sending timely notifications and reminders to leads and so on.
- Efficient and Timely Proposals, Contracts, Sales Order and Invoice ProcessingRobotic Process Automation tools, by enabling automation of data-intensive, repetitive and manual tasks, empowers professionals to focus on the bigger picture. They do not have to expend their valuable time and efforts on researching the CRM systems to draw up proposals, contracts, sales orders and invoices.
By leveraging automated workflows, businesses can speed up the generation, reviews, signing and approval of contracts and proposals. With RPA tools, sales orders and billing is effortless, end-to-end and accurate, saving time, money and hassle costs for the employees and customers. This translates into lesser delays, more deals being closed faster and higher revenues.
For instance, a leading technology company was faced with a deluge of new contracts when the demand for their automation products saw a surge a few years back. With outsourcing only partially solving their problem, the company leveraged RPA to automate their contract signing and approvals process, among others. This led to an 88% reduction in contract processing time and an 80% reduction in signature processing time while immensely easing the burden of their small team.
- The Way ForwardAutomation will not and cannot replace humans in sales and marketing. It will augment their capabilities and free them up for what matters most – innovation, customer experiences and getting ahead of the game.
Leverage automation today to improve the ROI from your marketing campaigns and sales efforts.