Business Intelligence, zCase Study
70% reduction in sales reporting costs for a premium lifestyle brand
trantorindia | Updated: January 18, 2021
The client provides end-to-end operational solution for aspirational youth lifestyle brands, covering over 3,000 retailers worldwide with offices and distribution functions in the US, Canadian, and European markets offering wholesale and e-commerce opportunities.
The client provides end-to-end operational solutions for aspirational youth lifestyle brands, covering over 3,000 retailers worldwide with offices and distribution functions in the US, Canadian, and European markets offering wholesale and e-commerce opportunities.
Business Need Addressed
The client had a lot of data inflow however, managing and analyzing it to get actionable insights was a big challenge. The client wanted real-time reports to manage its key business information and make smarter and faster decisions.
Trantor built customized sales and channel sales dashboards to provide actionable insights from the tomes of data.
The client was looking for a data and reporting solution that would enhance the data mining process to produce faster and accurate results.
- Design a process that would reduce the data extraction, transform and load timing
- Facilitation of sales planning through accuracy in reports generated
- A centralized data mining process that could be useful for all departments
The client was facing challenges in analyzing and maintaining key business information and wanted real-time reports to make smarter, faster decisions. Some key problems were:
- The sales information was distributed into independent systems. The challenge was to consolidate data from various systems and sources onto one system
- Inability to distribute tailored information to various departments within the organization.
- Lack of information consistency as different departments were doing their own data aggregation.
The Trantor Approach
After a complete analysis of the client’s business needs and current data analysis process, Trantor designed an ETL process to extract databases from several third party applications. This data was further transformed and loaded into target systems.
Trantor reorganized the client’s data to provide meaningful insights. They also built customized sales and channel sales dashboards, facilitating future sales planning for managers & representatives.
Highlights of the solution include:
- Integrated 10+ years of sales data into one system
- Created dashboards that contained critical KPIs for the company’s sales representatives
- Improved data input controls that eliminated the need to re-enter data
- Enhanced dashboard features for improved data visualization
- Faster processing of sales reports, reducing turnaround time by up to 60%
- Sales reporting costs reduced by 50 to 70%
- Increased accuracy of reporting and analysis
Trantor’s extensive knowledge and experience in technology provided us with right business solutions. Much needed and highly recommended team.Marketing Manager